Monday, June 13, 2011

About Me:

My name is Kammie, I am a FCST major with a concentration in K-5 Elementary Education. I am a wife and mother of 4 boys…yeah…I have a lot on my plate, but it’s all worth it. Currently I work for the USPS as a letter carrier. I hate my job, but that’s another story. I am looking forward to finishing my educational journey in December, and then finding a teaching job in any of the surrounding urban school districts.

I’m not the “typical” college student. I’m well past the age and or stage of living at home with my parents, and as I stated previously I’m a wife with kids. So my family demographic is probably a lot different from so many of my fellow classmates. I’ve been married for 12 years. We actually just celebrated our anniversary June 5. I love being a wife and a mom. I’m the only female in my household, so at times that can be a bit challenging, but I love every minute of it…Lately, the activity my family enjoys the most is going to the park to play basketball. Seems like I’m always ending up doing some type of sport activity, but I have no complaints. Because when I finally do decide to have a little feminine activity…I can really enjoy the peacefulness of it, because I’m by myself or with my sister. And that’s always rewarding.

Of course I’m interested in the topic of Marriage because I am married. I think its important to understand marriage and talk about your marriage, and learn new things about everyday situations in order to help stay married. I’m also interested in the topic of Cohabitation…since I know so many people who opt to do that, than to marry. And lastly, I want to see what is revealed about Love and Sexuality…that’s always an interesting topic…especially for married folk…lol

Right now I do not have an opinion about wikis…this is my first time being introduced to it. I have done blogs in previous classes, so I’m used to blogging. At times it’s a hassle, but I see its benefits as well. The video was pretty good, in just really understanding how to work the wiki sight. I wouldn’t say I learned a great deal from the video.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting first post, Kammie. What classes did you blog in? You are already falling behind in blog posts, so keep up. Remember this class is only 3 1/3 weeks long and the midterm is NEXT Thursday!

    ReplyDelete